We have a number of exciting new opportunities opening up across all our teams, so if you've got the skills and would like to join our team, send your CV today!
Programmer - Console Unreal C++
We are looking for a Generalist Programer to work across a wide range of systems, including gameplay, graphics and UI. If you love working in the Unreal engine and have a passion for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will already know the intricacies inherent in large FPS titles, and you will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Drive development in a variety of systems such as procedural mission elements, UI implementation, content creation tools, and character controllers.
• Work closely with designers and other content creators to create/improve gameplay systems.
• Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
• Creating systems that support art-swap efforts later in the dev cycle.
• Work on a cross-platform codebase that includes the major consoles.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE:
• Shipped at least one UE4 based game.
• Minimum 3 years experience working with Unreal Engine.
• A passion for making and playing games with an eye for detail and feel for good gameplay.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Experience with implementing UI behaviors.
• Experience implementing a wide range of UE4 systems.
• Experience developing for PS4 & Xbox One.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
• 5 years software engineering experience.
• You have enjoyed working with remote partners.
• Strong C++ skills.
• Know where Blueprints are great, and where is needs to be in C++.
• Relentlessly optimistic attitude.
• Constructively voices ideas and opinions to the team.
• Really understands how communication is most valuable.
• Finds cross-discipline collaboration to be energizing and stimulating.
• Coaches less-experienced engineers to assist them in skill development.
UI Artist - Console Unreal
• Work alongside the lead artist and designer to create UI concepts.
• Design and generate polished assets and user interfaces, maintaining visual consistency throughout the project.
• Research and solve any UI barriers for players through iteration based on internal feedback.
• 2+ years experience of working in games.
• Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback and iterating on designs.
• Drive and passion for creating great user experiences and appealing visual design.
• The ability to implement and animate UI assets in engine.
• Proficient with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Strong graphic design skills.
• An excellent understanding of typography, composition, colour theory, visual design and interaction design.
• Knowledge of UE4, ideally having shipped titles in it.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of UX design for console and PC via screen flow diagrams or UI wireframes.
• Experience in After Effects, 3D rendering software (e.g. 3ds Max), Flash or other motion graphics software.
• Understanding of technical art constraints and optimisation.