Join our team!
If you've got the skills and would like to join our team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Economy Designer - Console Free-to-Play
As Game Economy Designer, you will participate in the development of a new innovative project. Working under the Lead Game Designer, you will design the in-game economy and corresponding features. You will also need to define the metrics, which will enable you to balance and fine-tune the game’s economy, and work closely with the development and publishing team to see those metrics implemented and designs refined. Once the game is launched, and throughout soft-launch you will be responsible for providing constant data-driven recommendations on the game’s economic model and design in order to improve the game’s financial performance.
- Design and audit the in-game economy in order to drive long-term retention and conversion.
- Identify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, and define the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Define the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understand how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Manage pricing of virtual products as to create specific price point roles, and implement selling strategies for various price points.
- Balance the needs for the virtual products, their price, their relationship to one another, their life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Define the project’s KPIs.
- Analyse the evolution of the metrics you defined to balance the in-game economy, and report suggestions for the overall game design.
- Design live events to increase player engagement and drive conversion.
- Specialised education in Game Economy Design and/or extensive experience in the design, and live support of free-to-play games.
- Detailed understanding of a free-to-play player’s behaviours and latest business models.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations within the game.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork oriented person.
- Can work independently.
- Experience in working with a cooperative multiplayer free-to-play product.
- Knowledge of UE4, ideally having shipped titles using it.
- Good understanding of free-to-play on console and PC.